Enhance your web experience and make it ad-free, more private and streamlined.
We Recommend Microsoft Edge.
It is windows native, performs great (even on Mac OS) and uses least amount of resources while being supercharged with Bing AI. Privacy in browsers is a heated topic. The best privacy practice is to use good extensions and use your brain while surfing the web. Edge offers Sleeping Tabs, Startup Boost, Browser Sync, SmartScreen, Password Monitor, Tracking Prevention, Vertical Tabs, Collections, Web Capture, Native Split Screen, Immersive Reader and Automatic Coupon code finding during online checkout.
- uBlock Origin
- An efficient ad blocker add-on for various browsers. Fast, potent, and lean.
- This extension will automatically remove tracking elements from URLs to help protect your privacy when browsing through the internet.
- Canvas Fingerprint Defender
- Defending against canvas fingerprinting by reporting a fake value.
- I still don't care about cookies
- Get rid of cookie warnings from almost all websites!
- Privacy Badger
- Privacy Badger automatically learns to block invisible trackers.
- Reddit Enhancement Suite
- A suite of modules that enhance your Reddit browsing experience
- SponsorBlock for YouTube
- Skip sponsorships, subscription begging and more on YouTube videos. Report sponsors on videos you watch to save others' time.
- Clickbait Remover for Youtube
- This extension replaces thumbnails with a frame from the video, effectively removing any clickbait while still showing a high quality thumbnail so you can still get a good idea of what the video is about. It can also modify titles to stop partial or all caps titles.
- FastForward is the successor of Universal Bypass, a browser extension that can bypass annoying link shorteners, so you don't need to waste your time trying to get to your destination link.
- Return YouTube Dislike
- An open-source extension that returns the YouTube dislike count.
- Old Reddit Redirect
- Dislike Reddit's redesign? Old Reddit Redirect will ensure that you always load the old (old.reddit.com) design instead.
- Buster is a browser extension which helps you to solve difficult captchas automatically by completing reCAPTCHA audio challenges using speech recognition. Challenges are solved by clicking on the extension button at the bottom of the reCAPTCHA widget.
- Scroll to Top
- Add a stylish scroll-to-top button for all websites.
- Hover Zoom+
- Hover your mouse over any image on the supported websites and this open source extension will automatically enlarge the image to its full size, making sure that it still fits into the browser window.
- Advanced Eyedropper, ColorPicker, Color Analyzer and other colorful goodies for your browser.
- An open source user script manager.
Safari is a heavily restricted browser in terms of using the greatest extensions such as those in the above section. Multiple profile support has only been introduced with Mac OS Sonoma. We don't recommend using it. There are better alternatives such as Microsoft Edge, Orion, Firefox or LibreWolf. If you just can't live without Safari, here are some choice extensions.
A lot of these extensions are paid because Apple and Safari - but still listed for awareness. Instead of using paid extensions to block ads, you can use our free system wide ad-blocking guide.
- Blocks ads and trackers.
- It prevents websites from messing with your browser’s standard features, such as copy and paste, keyboard shortcuts, scrolling, and pop-ups. It also enhances your privacy and security by blocking unwanted tracking scripts, social media buttons, and other annoyances.
- Already mentioned in first section at top. Free if you build it yourself.
- Blocks all ads, trackers, cryptocurrency miners, EU cookie and GDPR notices, and other distractions on the web. It makes your browsing faster, safer, and more private.
- Super Agent
- It will auto-accept cookies for you.
- Replaces the YouTube player with a minimal HTML video tag. It removes ads, restores picture-in-picture, and keeps videos playing in the background.
- Automatically answers consent pop-ups for you, so you can't be manipulated.
- Browse the web like it should be – free of nags to accept cookies or privacy invasive tracking.